Monday, September 2, 2013

A revelation

Alright it's a new day, let's fire up GameMaker: Studio and playtest Gonna Catcha to see what needs more work for a playable demo version.

...

...

...

Hmm, everything seems to be in order, no major bugs that I can see. Let's play it again just to make sure.

...

...

Nope, nothing. Hmm, any unimplemented features I need to implement?

New mazes? No, I already have two, which is good enough for the demo.
Extra life system? Nope, I already did that. Extra life at every 20 000 points.
Combining the double and long shot items in one "Power" item? Did that too.

Well, how about bugs? I know there were a lot of them that I needed to get fixed.

Losing lives in a bonus round? No, I changed that. Now you just skip to the next level if you die in a bonus round, no lives or powerups lost.
Aha! The powerups weren't being carried in between rounds, let me just- wait, no, that's been fixed too.

You know what, I'm just going to read over my changelog...

... Uh huh... Bonus rounds no longer increment round counter ... ... Donum can now pass through stunned evil spirits and preta... ... fixed a bug where the shelter/jail would show that there are spirits inside when it was empty... There has to be something that's not done. Maybe a tiny graphical glitch, or- or a character not behaving as the should, or-

... .... ...

Wait a minute, ... I think I might have actually done enough for a playable demo...

OH NOEZ! What am I supposed to do now?! It's pandemonium! Now is the perfect time to panic!

Source unknown.  OH NOEZ!

One hysterical episode later...

OK, so I guess I should be showing off my playable demo now. Give me a little time and come back a bit later while I sort this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment